What is TAP?
The Tenants Association at Pease is governed by volunteer board members, all of whom work at various companies on the Pease International Tradeport. The Board members meet on a monthly basis to discuss issues, resolve problems and make plans for events, all relevant to the residents at the Pease Tradeport. Communication from Pease tenants and other members is encouraged and shared at the monthly Board meetings.
TAP member meetings are held every-other-month, the second Tuesday of the month, from 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. and refreshments are provided. Meetings are hosted by and held at various businesses throughout the Tradeport giving different companies the opportunity to showcase their services and products. This provides a great opportunity for Pease tenants to learn about their neighbors. One of the benefits of being a member of TAP is to have the opportunity to host a meeting at your place of business.
Incorporated in October, 1999, TAP was formed to create an organized body of people, all of whom work on the Pease International Tradeport, to ensure that business can be conducted safety and effectively and to identify and resolve issues that affect the quality of life and business on the Tradeport. Over time, the organization has grown to include networking, social, athletic and philanthropic events and causes. Our goals are to:
- Promote the quality of life on the Tradeport for employers, employees and the seacoast in general.
- Monitor the delivery of services to the tenant organization including services delivered by the City of Portsmouth, The Pease Development Authority (PDA), utility companies and others to ensure a safe and efficient environment to do business.
- Serve as a representative for the tenants of Pease to the PDA, The City of Portsmouth and appropriate organizations and government entities, including attendance at all PDA Board meetings and Seacoast Chamber of Commerce public events.
- Explore new and exciting ways to create a “neighborhood” environment where all employees working on Pease can gather for social, athletic, networking and philanthropic events and causes.
- Act as an information base for news of what’s happening on the Tradeport.
The Pease International Tradeport is a prospering business and aviation industrial community with approximately 250 companies who employ over 7,000 people occupying over 4.3 Million square feet of world class office and industrial space. Pease provides state-of-the-art, secure facilities with competitive pricing and New Hampshire’s tax advantages; no personal income, sales, inventory, capital personal property, machinery or equipment tax.
The total employment as a result of Pease based companies includes both the 7,000 direct hires and another 3,000 employees (indirect hires) hired by companies near Pease but who do business with the companies located at Pease. The combined wages for these 10,000 people is estimated to be approaching $500 Million dollars in wages per year as of 2011.
The State of New Hampshire benefits from annual business taxes resulting from Pease companies in the amount of $10 Million dollars per year. The City of Portsmouth collects $5.3 Million dollars each year in the form of Municipal Service Fees as an offset for the cost of services the City provides such as Police, Fire, Water, Sewer, Road Maintenance, Snow Plowing and street lighting.
Pease International Tradeport is conveniently located off Interstate 95 within 50 miles of Boston, MA, Manchester, NH and Portland, ME. Offering a Foreign Trade Zone with access to the east international trade corridors by land, direct air cargo or by sea via the Port of New Hampshire, Pease is ideally suited for any import or export business.
The amenities of the Pease community include a post office, a large commuter bus terminal, overnight accommodations, restaurant and meeting facilities, personal and commercial banking, copy and printing services, health care & dental practices, spas, job training and colleges as well as a 27-hole golf course.